Monday, April 25, 2016

Hello World.... (aka what is this all about)

I believe a good way to start this blog is by discussing what it is all about. At the most basic level, Timber Road Society Adventures will discuss the many different aspects of roleplaying games. My approach, at least for the near future is one of a relative noob. I have dabbled in the hobby over the years but simply never committed to steady gaming for a multitude of reasons. But I am at a time in my life where I really want to make the leap headfirst and embrace many assets that roleplaying games have grown to be.

There are a number of themes that I will be exploring in this blog. The first is cataloging my experiences as I start a regular game group and all the questions and challenges that the task raises. Because of that, this blog will host opinions on a verity of products including rulesets, settings, GM tools, and anything else someone such as myself could stumble upon while searching the hobby markets. I will want to discuss my observations about the communities that have risen since the begging of the hobby. This means I will point out online communities, blogs, and podcasts that have caught my attention. I'm sure that there will be a number of other topics that pop up here and now as well.

For now I am going to try and keep a modest goal of at least two posts a month. Topics to expect in the near future are:


  • How I chose my first campaign
  • Getting started in my first campaign
  • My plans for gaming
  • My roleplaying bucket list
  • Questions to get to know my players better
  • My collection
I look forward to exploring all these thoughts in my head and emerging myself in the roleplaying community!

Feel free to introduce yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment